Sunday, August 7, 2011

Busy week

This past week we have been quite busy.  We went to Independence last Sunday and celebrated our niece getting baptized.  We celebrated Joe's birthday.  Joe had some major stuff come up at work so he has been working some LLLLOOOONNNNGGGG hours.  The girls and I also headed to Waterloo and went to the final bridal shower for my brother's wedding.  The bachelor party is this coming weekend still but other than that, the wedding stuff is done on our calendar until the actual wedding.

Last night we took the kids to the National Balloon Classic in Indianola.  They had a lot of fun.  We have only gone one other time and the kids didn't remember it so it was quite a treat for them.  Ashlyn even enjoyed herself.  She told the balloons bye bye when it was time to leave. 

The kids are leaving today to head to Joe's parents for the week....but don't think Joe and I are going to have 'fun' this week without them.  Originally we had a lot of things planned we had hoped to do...fun things like movies, going out to eat, going to the State Fair, but all that changed.  I have a VERY busy schedule with work this week and I will be putting in 14 hour days twice this week and Joe will also have a couple long days with his work schedule...not to mention Joe has a dentist appointment one evening so our week is pretty...boring.  Oh well...at least I won't have to drop them off at daycare in the morning saving me a few minutes.

I'm off to go and pack up the kid's things...

Then, I need to get ready for my BEDS training/EASIER conference tomorrow...oh the joys of working again...






No comments:

Post a Comment