Thursday, June 30, 2011

Changes Changes Changes

This past week has brought a lot of changes and now that it's officially public knowledge, I can finally share our news!!  It has been VERY challenging seeing family and friends the past week or so and not be able to share everything we have going on in our lives.

I got a job!  I start on Monday, July 18.  It is with the Norwalk Community School District which is about half an hour from our house.  The job is a perfect job for me.  It is everything I was doing at the Ballard Community Schools minus the payroll portion of my old job there.  I will be working more closely with the superintendent of the school district also than I did at Ballard....basically he told me today that I would be the person that people would see when they came to the district...which is very true.  My office will be right next to his, which in the Norwalk Administration office is right by the stairs that lead to the front door. 

I have so many people to thank for helping me get this job but most of all I want to thank the wonderful people that I worked with at Ballard that gave me some wonderful recommendations and helped me get back into the workforce.  The people in the Administration office at Ballard...you know who you are (Jan, John, Sharyn, and Betty...just to name a few) thank you.  I had such a mix of emotions leaving there to be home with my kids and today again, I have a mix of emotions knowing I will be leaving them again, but this time they are older and I know this is the right decision for our family. 

I feel so very blessed to have been home the past three years and been able to raise our children to get them ready for school.  It was an opportunity that most people have not been able to have and I feel blessed that we were able to make things work so I could do that.  I will miss out on times with Ashlyn, as she is the one I am going to struggle the most with saying goodbye on July 18 but I know this is also a good step for her too.

Parker will be returning to school in the fall as a big first grader and Hannah will be starting school as a kindergartner and I know my parenting with them isn't done yet, not even close, but I feel I got the foundation laid that was needed for them to be successful in school and starting them off on the right foot.  I can't honestly say the same for Ashlyn but I feel confident in time, I will feel the same way with her when it's time for her to be entering school.

I have so many thoughts and things I'm trying to figure out but for the most part, everything seems to be working out okay for us and hopefully everything falls together for us.

I have a meeting set up next week with a daycare for all three kids to go to when they don't have school and for Ashlyn to be at all day, every day.  I really liked what I heard when I called to talk to them so hopefully it all works out for the best for us.

Closing this chapter in our lives will be hard but it's a decision that we did not take lightly.  Joe and I have been wanting to start the next chapter in our lives with several things and we have been struggling with the timing of it all and now, it seems like the time is now and is happening for us finally.

In the mean time...it's almost the Fourth of July...which means some great times celebrating!!! (and for us...we have even more reason to celebrate!)  Stay tuned...we have lots of big stuff coming up in the next few weeks so lots of updates will be happening!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment